Award-winning actor and advocate Christine Solomon new book ‘Odd Ed’ has been released
Odd Ed is a story of acceptance and compassion to teach children to see past physical differences
Humanitarian, entrepreneur, spokesperson and award-winning actor Christine Solomon is pleased to announce that her new Children’s book ‘Odd Ed’ has been released on December 1st, 2021. Illustrations by Anastasia Balobanova. ‘Odd Ed’ is a heartfelt story about an egg that does not look like his siblings. Their mom goes off to work and leaves her eggs in her nest by the Michigan Lake. When Ed’s siblings wander off without their mother’s consent, they find themselves trapped by a big long snake. Ed risks his own life to rescue his brothers and sisters. Will Ed survive? Will his siblings ever accept him? Odd Ed is a story of acceptance and compassion. Solomon’s treatment of the issue teaches children to see past physical differences to uncover unique qualities and strengths in others.
Meet Ed. He’s an odd egg.
Unlike his siblings, he looks and behaves a little differently.
He makes his bed.
He reads instead.
He waters flowers
and boosts them with powers.
But when his siblings make fun of him,
they quickly learn that being odd is kind of cool after all.
Anastasia Balobanova is an artist, graphic designer, and illustrator who is noted for conveying emotions in her distinctive style. She is dedicated to making art that inspires, educates, and supports everyone. Anastasia’s unique artistic work has been praised for bringing stories to life. She lives in Russia and holds a BFA in graphic design. Visit https://readymag.com/u1948586168/portfolio/
Christine enjoys inspiring others and sharing her art. She is a supporter of equality, diversification, and inclusion. For her children’s book, she wanted a strong message to instill courage, love, and self-acceptance in children, as well as to teach them not to judge others, because we all have unique qualities.
Award-winning actress Christine Solomon’s work has been exhibited, showcased, and displayed to millions of viewers in Egypt, Canada, and around the world on major television networks and movie studios such as HBO Canada, The Movie Network, Rotana Group (the Arab World’s largest entertainment company owned by the Saudi Prince Al Waleed bin Talat), Ubisoft, as well as in print, online, and other advertising media.
Solomon has received a nationally recognized Madbakh Awards for her work as an actress; she is also an important contributor for the award-winning productions in which she played a leading or critical role (HELIOPOLIS, BASRA, and BAFTA nominated RAINBOW SIX: SIEGE).
The theatrical trained actor appreciates the opportunity to work for positive causes. She has joined as the lead host for GMC and renowned actor Josh Duhamelʼs campaign BUILDING FOR AMERICAʼS BRAVEST and has raised over 17 million dollars. The campaign reached an impressive 110 million viewers. She is also the spokesperson for the ACNE AND ROSACEA SOCIETY OF CANADA’s Rosacea Awareness Campaign.
Solomon and her work have been the subject of numerous articles in major international publications and media throughout the world, including The National Post, The Globe and Mail, MSN Saudi Arabia, Variety and Screen India among others.
On the other side of the camera, Christine has served on the 25TH ANNUAL SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS TELEVISION NOMINATING COMMITTEE and has been an official juror at various prestigious film festivals including Scout Film Festival, The Iowa Motion Picture Association Film Festival, End of Days Film Festival, and New York World Film Festival. In 2010 she established Muze Consultancy in Montreal, an acting career consultancy business that continues to encourage and inspire actors.
Most recently Christine has appeared on the TV series “The Detectives”, hosted on camera interviews on the Tom Ford’s fashion show red carpet, worked on “Bullet Ride and “My Stretch of Texas Ground” are now available on Amazon Prime, and has a role in “Jacir” starring Lorraine Bracco now in post production.
Not one to sit still, Christine has a skincare line Aprèm in development and her second children book entitled “Wishing Upon A New Moon” will both be released in 2022.
Christine is available for interviews upon request.
For more information and interviews please contact:
Lesley Diana | Lesley@thepromotionpeople.ca | 604-726-5575
Christine Solomon contact information and social media handles:
- Website: http://www.christinesolomon.com
- Instagram: @christinesolomon
- TikTok: @Christine Solomon
- Twitter: @MsChrisSolomon
- Facebook: @ActorChristineSolomon
- Clubhouse: https://www.clubhouse.com/@chrissolomon
- Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/christinesolomon
- IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm2555010/
‘Odd Ed’ is available following these links:
Amazon Paperback and E-book:
- Amazon order https://www.amazon.com/dp/1737765217?psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&ref_=chk_typ_imgToDp
- Barnes and Noble Paperback: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/odd-ed-christine-solomon/1140574049?ean=9781737765219
- Barnes and Noble E-Book: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/odd-ed-christine-solomon/1140574045?ean=2940160764221
- More projects by Christine’s publishing company Hill Weiser Publishing
- Hill Weiser Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Hill-Weiser-Publishing/e/B09L4BZWWL/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_book_1
- Hill Weiser Barnes and Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/s/hill%20Weiser%20Publishing
- Minimalist Day Planner Digital Template. Available on Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1088375725/minimalist-day-planner-runs-all-year?ref=shop_home_active_1
- Youtube Channel Sloans Road, Designed to help people relax while studying, reading, working or meditating. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxJQd_Wqfa2umdnL8bflybg
Hill Weiser Publishing contact information and social media handles: