This summer, Vancouver will play host to the Canadian premiere of the Broadway musical “City of Angels.” Plans include a limited engagement run, July 8-17th, at Granville Island’s Performance Works in Vancouver. This Tony award-winning musical comedy is an homage to film noir that delightfully satirizes the glamour and decadence of 1940s Hollywood.
Performing and producing the show is the Putting It Together (PIT) Collective, a group of local Vancouver artists, featuring a wide variety of talent that’s been on Broadway, in hit TV shows and feature films. They’re proud to be part of Vancouver’s global reputation as a hub of talent and creativity.
To cover their production costs and make the show a reality, the PIT Collective has launched an Indiegogo campaign, rewarding supporters with the ability to pre-order premium tickets and gain access to a variety of perks ranging from exclusive behind-the-scenes photos and videos to exciting VIP experiences. Several perks offer the opportunity for you to join PIT Collective in giving back to the community by sponsoring tickets to local youth theater programs such as Project Limelight, an organization that provides free access to theater experiences to kids who live in Vancouver’s Downtown East Side Neighborhood.
To get involved, check out their Indiegogo campaign, which will run now through 3/1.
- Jesse Alvarez-“HAIR” at SOOP Theatre, “Bonnie and Clyde” for Play on Words, “Facing East” for Fighting Chance, “Spring Awakening” w/ the Phantom Collective.
- Crystal Balint-“Mech-X4” for Disney, “Prison Break: Sequel” for 20th Century FOX, “Dreamgirls”at the Arts Club Theatre.
- Sean Bayntun-*Won a Jesse Award* for “Significant Artistic Achievement” for his MD work in “Light in the Piazza” for Patrick Street Productions, “Avenue Q” at the Arts Cub, also plays in bands “Leisure Club” and “Maiwah”.
- Alex Cendese- “Rogue” for the Audience Network, “Elementary” for CBS, “White Collar” for USA Network, “A View from the Bridge” on Broadway.
- Jennifer Copping-“Van Helsing” for the SyFy Network, Original member of “Tommy” in Toronto, as well as the successful T.O. run of the hit musical “Jersey Boys”.
- Janet Gigliotti- “Guy and Dolls” at Chemainus Theatre Festival, “Mamma Mia” for Mirvish Productions, “A Year with Frog &Toad” at Carousel Theatre*Jesse Award Winner*.
- Michelle Harrison- “The Flash” for the CW Network, “Continuum” for SyFy, lead singer in the band “Ginger 66”.
- Thomas King- “Sunday in the Park with George” for United Players, “25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee”, “Heathers:The Musical” for Fighting Chance Productions.
- Miranda MacDougall- “The Drowsy Chaperone” – Festival Choice at The Edinburgh Fringe Fest, the Dora Nominated Toronto production of Steinbeck’s “Of Mice and Men”.
- Jesse James Miller- Writer/Director of the feature doc. “Chasing Evel:The Robbie Knivel Story”-A Super Channel Original-Premiers at Big Sky Film Festival-this February, the festival feature hit “Becoming Redwood”, *Winner of Most Popular, Honorable Mention, and Best CAN Film at the 2012 VIFF,and Edmonton FF, and 2013 Official Selections at Solomon, Beijing, and Atlanta FF*.
- Ken Overbey- “Guys and Dolls”, “Victor Victoria”, “Spamalot”, “Throughly Modern Millie”, *Up&Coming*, Ken will be choreographing “Reefer Madness” for Down Stage Right Productions.
- Tim Perez- “An Evening with Fidel” at the Havana Theatre, “Taming of the Shrew”, “The Death of Garcia Lorca” for The Public Theatre, “Let the Right One In” for A&E, “UnReal” for Lifetime.
- Christopher Shyer- “Curvy Widow” at the George Street Playhouse, US National Tour of “The Book of Mormon”, “Tin Star” for British TV.
- Lindsay Warnock- “Pride and Prejudice” at Chemainus Theatre Festival, and *Upcoming*, A Little Night Music”.
For further information contact:
Mobile: 604 338 4710
Mobile: 917 747 2735
Social Media Handles
The Promotion People